The PI is well advised to follow guidelines on proposal preparation. Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval is required for all Florida International University research involving human subjects.Â Facilities and Administrative Costs (F&A), a.k.a Indirect Costs (see # 19 in Preparing Your Proposal FAQs)
The following publications also offer useful suggestions and ideas on writing proposals.
- The Art of Writing Proposals by Adam Przeworski and Frank Salomon
- University of Michigan Proposal Writer's Guide by Don Thackrey
- Proposal Preparation Handbook - OSRA at FIU
- EPA Tips on Writing a Grant Proposal
- A Video on Peer Review at NIH
- The Foundation Center (for foundation proposals)
- The Art of Grantsmanship (Dr. Jacob Kraicer)
You must complete some FIU forms and may need some information or documents about our university. You are likely to find what you need in the following links:
Budget Templates to Preparing Budgets
For tips in preparing budgets, see the budget section in DOR's Proposal Preparation Handbook and Preparing Your Proposal FAQs. For further assistance, contact a pre-award officer in your school or at DOR.