- Alumni & Friends
Alumni & Friends
The College of Arts, Sciences and Education is the Heart of the University
From a control tower on an abandoned airstrip to two major campuses and nearly 10 million square feet of building space; from 5,667 students to 54,000, Florida International University’s explosive growth has been supported not by tax dollars alone but by private donations through alumni and community support.
Over 200,000 graduates, two-thirds of whom reside and work in South Florida, claim FIU as their alma mater. Thousands more take courses, certificates and special training here, on-line or at their job sites. FIU’s College of Arts, Sciences and Education is the largest and most diverse college at FIU.
The College of Arts, Sciences & Education:
- Hosts three interdisciplinary schools — the School of Environment, Arts and Society, the School of Integrated Science and Humanity and the School of Education and Human Development
- Embraces more than half the student body, enrolling 42,000 students
- Touches almost every student at some point in their education
- Offers 85 degree programs
- Houses 16 academic departments and 47 research centers, institutes and core research facilities
- Serves as the research engine of FIU, leading the university with over $60 million in research funding (2013-2014)
- Teaches critical thinking skills
Private support for public education permits FIU to bring its Worlds Ahead vision to fruition and allow for the growth, both in physical plant and quality, seen at FIU. Funding for scholarships, professorships, programs, equipment, and often buildings comes from private donations.
Please contact Susan Lane, Assistant Vice President of Development at (305) 348-7491 to discuss a gift to the College of Arts and Sciences at FIU.
If you prefer, make your donation safely and securely online. Please be certain to designate the College of Arts & Sciences as your gift’s recipient.
Charitable Gift Planning - Creating Your Legacy
Creative charitable gift planning offers a vital means of advancing the educational mission of the College of Arts & Sciences. Planned giving allows the college to prepare confidently for the future, and can provide you or your loved ones with lifetime income and significant tax benefits.
Gift planning options can include naming the College as a beneficiary in your will, retirement plan or life insurance policy, establishing a charitable trust or gift annuity or otherwise designating the College as a focus of your planned philanthropy. Please visit the University’s Charitable Gift Planning website for additional information or contact one of our Development team members:
Development Contact Information
- Susan Lane, Assistant Vice President of Development Florida International University (305) 348-7491
- Ady Arguelles, Executive Director of Development College of Arts, Sciences & Education (864) 534-2938
- Jaime Diptee-Bay, Director of Development College of Arts, Sciences & Education (305) 348-2506
- Camille Polk, Director of Development College of Arts, Sciences & Education (305) 348-7313
- Paul Landrum, Director of Program Development College of Arts, Sciences & Education Dean's Office (305) 348-2676
- Karen Wilkening, Director of Advancement Relations College of Arts, Sciences & Education Dean's Office (305) 348-7602